Does anyone know where I can find Acai berries? October 16, 2011

a_battle_within asked:

I’ve looked all over the internet, but all I found were pills and drinks. Couldn’t you just get the berries themselves?

5 Comments
Mr. Peachy® October 19th, 2011

I’ve never found them either. You could try Goji Berries (aka “wolf berry”)… they’re loaded with antioxidants also as well as being easier to find.

Rien G October 20th, 2011

yes.learn more about acai berry benefit and sign up to get a free trial at

Bo B October 24th, 2011

You can only get fresh acai berries if you live in Brazil. Frozen acai berries are available in some stores. Personally I prefer the pills I got some from the site below.

Jan M October 25th, 2011

Would be quite difficult to find actual berries. Apart from being full of goodness, the Acai is quite a fickle fruit.

The pulp part which is where all the goodness is found is only 20% of the total. The other 80% is seeds – great for squirrels, but probably not much good for you or me.

On top of this, Acai berries need to be freeze dried after picking as they deteriorate quite rapidly.

A good quality supplement, made from freeze dried pulp extract is probably your best bet, unless you fancy a quick trek down the Amazon.

I’ve been using Acai extract for years – since way back in the days before it became fashionable. It’s a tremendous antioxidant and general health tonic.

Couple of links below which might help.

Thanks
Jan

guymonavie October 26th, 2011

Acai berries are native to the Amazon in Brazil. Because acai berries are so perishable, the only way to get the actual berry is to take a trip down to Brazil and buy it from local vendors. Outside of Brazil, the only option to get acai is in pill, powder, or juice form. If you can find a quality acai product, you can still get the health benefits of acai. Unfortunatelly for now, that is your only option… Unless you take that trip down to Brazil.

Leave a Reply